The Bristol Buddhist Centre is a place for members of the Triratna Buddhist Order and Community to share and practise the teachings of the Buddha. A key part of this is creating Sangha, a network of spiritual friendships which is in itself a spiritual practice, as well as supporting those who want to take up Buddhist practice.
In order to facilitate this work we carry out a range of activities, to complement our Dharma programme, including hiring out our lovely building to others at certain times to support our work.
Amongst our supporting activities are
- The Healing Rooms – where complementary therapists, some of whom are Order members, offer a range of treatments from Massage to Hypnotherapy
- Schools – our schools Co-ordinator, Karunavapi, visits schools and hosts school visits here to help schools bring the Dharma to life for children
- Shop – we have a small bookshop open at class times with books on Buddhism and meditation
- Yoga and Qi Gong – committed teachers use our beautiful shrine room space to offer a range of classes.
- Events run by the Tara Sanctuary & Natural Burial Ground project, Seed of Peace, and others.
These events are not part of the dana economy; there’s a charge to attend.
6 week Restorative Yoga Class with Sally at 11.05am for one hour and twenty minutes. This style of yoga helps anyone suffering with stress, recovery from ill health, anxiety and anyone needing complete relaxation and time to unwind. All poses are practised seated or lying down while being fully supported by bolsters, blankets and cushions. This is a really […]
Drop-in yoga for all levels of ability. Iyengar on Tuesdays, Vini on Thursdays