The Bristol Buddhist Centre is a place for members of the Triratna Buddhist Order and Community to share and practise the teachings of the Buddha. A key part of this is creating Sangha, a network of spiritual friendships which is in itself a spiritual practice, as well as supporting those who want to take up Buddhist practice.
In order to facilitate this work we carry out a range of activities, to complement our Dharma programme, including hiring out our lovely building to others at certain times to support our work.
Amongst our supporting activities are
- The Healing Rooms – where complementary therapists, some of whom are Order members, offer a range of treatments from Massage to Hypnotherapy
- Schools – our schools Co-ordinator, Karunavapi, visits schools and hosts school visits here to help schools bring the Dharma to life for children
- Shop – we have a small bookshop open at class times with books on Buddhism and meditation
- Yoga and Qi Gong – committed teachers use our beautiful shrine room space to offer a range of classes.
- Events run by the Tara Sanctuary & Natural Burial Ground project, Seed of Peace, and others.
These events are not part of the dana economy; there’s a charge to attend.
Drop-in yoga for all levels of ability. Iyengar on Tuesdays, Vini on Thursdays