Be a part of the growing energy of our Sangha. Build connections by working together to create something beautiful and pull up those sleeves to make a real difference. Sangha Works is an opportunity to continue the flow of energy by putting care and love into the building for the year to come. We get those elbows out to maintain the building, improve the spaces and build an atmosphere for collective practice.
We expect to renovate the basement to create a second shrine room, do gardening, deep clean, throw out some old stuff, paint and undertake repairs. There will be be other tasks too – something for everyone’s ability. (Full list of tasks below!)
We start and end the days with a short sit together and a check-in. We will provide lunch. And at the end of the day we have a short check-out and sit together.
Do contact firstname.lastname@example.org with dates, times and the types of tasks you’re able to do. We need your help to make this happen! Thank you ❤️
20th – 28th August (excluding 24th and 25th) from 10am to 5pm. Lunch around 1pm.
List of tasks:
- Clear out old printer, fridge in cupboard and other unneeded bits and bobs in the basement.
- Work on garden; including cutting back overgrown areas of garden and front (including meter cupboard and compost bin area).
- Cleaning the Healing Rooms steps and steps to basement.
- Checking if any painting needs doing in any of the Healing Rooms (therapy rooms).
- Turning basement (old office) into a shrine room: removal of desks either to storage; remove book cases and store files; check carpet for any signs of deterioration, remove kitchenette and store in L-shaped basement; cleaning, painting, plaster boarding far wall, etc.
- Erect banner frames to side entrance position and mount new banners.
- re-pot indoor (and outdoor) plants.
- HR steps; see below.
- repainting exterior of shrine room fire exit door and secure/replace the bolt catch fittings to shrine room fire exit door.
- cement-in pillars supporting rear roof drainage (loosely held in place at the moment).
- repair water heater in double toilet.
- mount reception room fire extinguisher on wall in visible location.
- tidying shrine room (tech equipment and cushions).
- washing blankets and shrine cloths (take home).
- deep clean (toilets, floors, kitchen, etc).
- clean outside of building.
- shredding (Maureen’s old papers).
- Finding extra desks desks and organising layout of office – 3 needed, fold-away desks would be preferable.
- Cleaning candle sticks, rupas etc for the shrine.
- and more!