The Bristol Buddhist Centre is a place for members of the Triratna Buddhist Order and Community to share and practise the teachings of the Buddha. A key part of this is creating Sangha, a network of spiritual friendships which is in itself a spiritual practice, as well as supporting those who want to take up Buddhist practice.
In order to facilitate this work we carry out a range of activities, to compliment our Dharma programme, including hiring out our lovely building to others at certain times to support our work. Many of these people are Order Members.
Amongst our supporting activities are
- The Healing Rooms – where complimentary therapists, some of whom are Order members, offer a range of treatments from Massage to Hypnotherapy
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Nonviolent Communication Courses – specially-trained Order Members offer training in mindfulness and communication for health and well-being.
- Schools – our schools Co-ordinator, Karunavapi, visits schools and hosts school visits here to help schools bring the Dharma to life for children
- Shop – our shop/reception at the front of the building provides a first point of contact for many folk and sells everything from books to yoga mats.
- Yoga and Qi Gong – committed teachers use our beautiful shrine room space to offer a range of classes.